In an effort to forge a diversified MS community within the Asia Pacific Region, the PACTRIMS Travel Grant contributes funds to qualifying individuals’ travel expenses for Congress participation. This is done to encourage participation from healthcare professionals in the Asia Pacific Region, increasing the prominence and importance of research and interest in Multiple Sclerosis (MS) in the Region and encourage mutually beneficial interaction among MS healthcare professionals.
To qualify, individuals must;
1) Be practicing Healthcare Professionals with experience of 5 years or less in Neurology including the following;
Specialists/Physicians, Post-Graduate Students/Training Neurologists, Registrars, Medical Officers, Pharmacists, Nurses
2) Have an abstract accepted at the 15th PACTRIMS Congress
3) From a low-lower-middle-income country (LMIc). See list below.
List of LMIc
|List of Low-Lower-Middle Income Countries
|Central African Republic
|Congo, Dem. Rep
|LOWER-MIDDLE INCOME ECONOMIES
|São Tomé and Principe
|Micronesia, Fed. Sts.
|Egypt, Arab Rep.
|Papua New Guinea
|Source: World Bank 2023
The PACTRIMS Travel Grant of USD$ 1,000 is available to the first 25 applicants who are non-Australian residents. A photocopy of your passport showing your name and nationality and a declaration as proof of five years or less experience as a healthcare professional is required and must be signed by the Head of Department or Institution with your Institution original letterhead.
Citizens of Iran, Syria, Crimea, North Korea and Cuba are not eligible for the Travel Grant.
Qualifying individuals must fill out an application form available ONLINE or from the registration desk during the Congress from 23 to 25 November, 2023.
The following items are compulsory in your submission:
1. The application form (inclusive of bank account information),
2. A photocopy of your passport showing your name and nationality
3. A declaration of proof of experience from you department head or manager on your Institution's letterhead must be submitted in person to the Secretariat/registration desk latest by 10.00am, 25 November 2023. Document without official letterheads will not be accepted.
The grant will be credited to qualifying individuals via telegraphic transfer within 90 days after the end of the PACTRIMS Congress. Please provide complete and accurate bank details or PACTRIMS will would deduct bank charges of USD$100 for every unsuccessful attempt.
Please note that after 2 unsuccessful attempts, PACTRIMS would rescind and cancel the travel grant.
Completed applications and accompanying documents must be received by the Secretariat on or before the last day of the Congress, 25 November 2023 by 10am Perth local time. Late submissions will not be entertained and please adhere strictly to this deadline.