Online registration is now closed. You may register on site on 23 November 2023.
THE 15TH PACTRIMS Congress will be held from 23-25 November 2023 at THE Ritz Carlton in PERTH, AUSTRALIA.
Welcome to the 15th Congress of the Pan-Asian Committee for Treatment and Research in Multiple Sclerosis. This year the congress will be held from 23 to 25 November at the Ritz-Carlton, Perth, Australia. The congress promises an exciting and robust program introducing the latest and cutting-edge developments in MS in the Asia Pacific region.
This year, we are pleased to introduce a new pre-congress segment, PACTRIMS Teaching Course, intended for general neurologists, neurology trainees and all other healthcare professionals with interest in neurology and neuroimmunology. The topics are in the areas of diagnosis and management of MS, NMOSD, MOGAD and related disorders. There will also be an interactive session where panellists will review and discuss cases submitted by attendees.
The European Charcot Foundation returns this year as the second pre-congress segment with a list of eminent speakers chaired by Prof Giancarlo Comi and Prof Kazuo Fujihara.
Our 15th PACTRIMS congress will begin in the afternoon of 23 November and ends on 25 November 2023. The themes for discussion for the 4 plenaries are as follows:
- Epstein-Barr Virus in MS: An update
- Making early diagnosis while preventing misdiagnosis
- Advanced study tools to untangle disease pathomechanisms
- New MS Treatment Strategies and Evaluation
WELCOME NOTE BY THE LOCAL ORGANISING CHAIR
Dear Friends and Colleagues,
We wish to acknowledge the Nyoongar Whadjuk (Perth region) people - traditional custodians of the land we are meeting on. We wish to acknowledge the strength of their continuing culture and offer our respects to Elders past and present.
We would like to welcome you to the 15th Congress of the Pan-Asian Committee for Treatment and Research in Multiple Sclerosis (PACTRIMS) that will take place in Perth, Western Australia from 23 to 25 November 2023.
PACTRIMS is an annual event that aims to provide clinical and scientific updates in the care of patients with multiple sclerosis (MS), neuromyelitis optica and related conditions in the Asia-Pacific region. Patients in this region face different challenges where clinical care could vary depending on different healthcare reimbursement, perceptions of disease and accessibility to diagnostic assays and medications. PACTRIMS 2023 strives to provide opportunities for participants representing their MS communities to exchange knowledge, acquire skills, share experiences, foster collaborations and work towards our shared vision of improving the care and lives of patients with MS and other CNS inflammatory demyelinating diseases.
Perth is privileged to host PACTRIMS this year. We are excited that we are chosen to organise an in-person meeting for our community to meet, build networks and share knowledge and ideas. It gives me great pleasure to welcome our delegates to enjoy not just the conference, but also the many sights, and attractions that Western Australia has to offer.
On behalf of the organising committee, we welcome you and wish you a productive congress in Perth.
Dr Marzena Fabis-Pedrini
Chair, Local Organising Committee
- Additional companion tickets for the Welcome Reception and Gala Dinner can be purchased at an additional cost of USD 180 per head. Children and young adults below the age of 18-years-old are not permitted to participate in the social events.
- Instructions: *This rate only applies to practising Registrars, Medical Officers, Pharmacists and Nurses. Retired professionals are not eligible for the special rates. A letter of endorsement from the Institution of practice must be uploaded online during the registration process. Medical students are required to obtain the endorsement from their institutions. For onsite registration, please provide letter of endorsement at the registration desk. PACTRIMS reserves the right to reject anyone found with insufficient documentation or proof of status.